Profiles in History has a very interesting historical document auction on Monday, April 18, starting at 11 a.m. PDT. Joe Maddalena and his staff have assembled one of the finest collections of historic documents they’ve ever brought to auction. It’s an extraordinary catalog featuring 197 lots of rare and desirable, fascinating material.
The auction takes place at Profiles in History in Calabassas, Calif. on Monday at 11 a.m PDT. You can bid in person, by phone or online.
A few of their offerings:
- a twice-signed handwritten letter by Beethoven
- a Ronald Reagan archive of over 350 mostly unpublished photos and 128 letters (92 ALsS)
- an unpublished René Magritte archive containing the intimate correspondence between Magritte and his wife, Georgette Berger
- an angry letter signed by George Washington as Commander of the Continental Army
- a May 1, 1776 ALS by Robert Morris, Declaration signer and American Revolution financier
- 20 lots of Einstein autograph letters signed
- a document signed by Hirohito as Emperor of Japan
- a John Lennon autograph letter signed
- an extensive Patsy Cline archive of handwritten letters
- and a check written and signed by James Dean.
The auction features Lincoln, Freud, John Quincy Adams, Mark Twain and other highly sought-after names. Many of the lots have notably desirable content. It’s a catalog you’ll definitely want to view if you’re an historic autograph collector.
A reminder: The auction is this Monday, April 18 at 11 a.m. PDT, so take a look at it now.
Review the catalog on Invaluable.com. You can bid online there, too.
You can email Profiles in History about the auction at email@example.com
Or call them at 310-859-7701